RST Mortice MK4 TM1019 Key Cutting Machine
The RST's Mortice MK4 has only been available since the beginning of 2008 but is already proving to be a formidable machine. This is a heavy duty mortice machine aimed at the top end of the market. Although it looks similar in design to some other machines like the Orion Y2K and the Silca Lancer it comes it at around £400-£600 cheaper. It is till able to cut side ward cuts and bullets wards. It should also not have a problem with safe keys.
- Good heavy duty machine at around £400 cheaper than the Silca Lancer
- Cuts both Lever, Sideward and bullet ward cuts on mortice keys.
- Will cut longer safe keys
- Very heavy (32kg) so not really suitable for mobile / portable key cutting.
- With a foot print of half a meter by half a meter and just over half a meter tall, a good deal of space is required.