Gladaid G888C Dual Purpose Key Cutting Machine
This Taiwanese dual-purpose machine is seen as one of the more robust dual-purpose machines. It is made up of 2 sets of clamps, the left hand side for cylinder key cutting and the right for mortice / bit key cutting. The left hand side of the machine can also cut standard double-sided car keys and small cylinder padlock and lock keys. The right side of the machine also cuts half circle Abloy keys and Ford Tibbe keys. Although, if you are cutting large quantities of Tibbe and Abloy keys then a dedicated machine is preferable.
To view the video, go to my video page by clicking here.
- Enables the cutting of the main 2 types of household keys (Yale type and Chubb type).
- The smooth carriage movement on the left hand cylinder side of the machine makes it one of the nicest machines to cut cylinder keys on.
- Very cost effective. (About £500 cheaper than buying 2 dedicated machines)
- Nylon brush allows quicker cleaning off of swarf.
- Cannot cut sideward cuts. However, these are not overally common.
- The right hand side of the machine is more cumbersome to operate than a dedicated mortice machine, this means it take slightly longer to cut and key and requires a little more practice to master.
- Comes with a standard 220v motor, which means a generator or inverter would be required if you wanted to work out of a van.
- Will not cut long safe keys